Saturday, June 7, 2008

Parts I love about MRI

One thing that I love about MRI is helping people. I had a outpatient the other day that I was screening and she told me that she was claustrophobic. She was getting an MRI of her knee and I told her that she would be going in feet first. She started asking what kind of medicine we would be giving her. I told her that we didn't give medicine unless the order specifically stated to do exam with I.V. sedation. She told me that the nurse from her doctor's office said we would give her something. I just kept talking to her, calming her down and reassuring her that I would be in the room with her until she got in the machine and if she still couldn't do it I would bring her out immediately. She agreed and she finished the exam with no problems. It always feels good when you help a patient through an exam that they didn't think they could do it.

No comments: